Respected and Trusted

Conveyancing and Property

  • We understand that buying or selling a property, whether residential, commercial or industrial is one of life’s major decisions and can be stressful for many people.

    Let the Aughtersons Conveyancing & Property Department remove the stress and ensure the process is one of the ease and efficiency.

    Headed by property lawyer Gordon Jacobs, our department has over “120 years” of collective experience in all aspects of conveyancing and provision of comprehensive property law advice.

    Our lawyers and conveyancers are ready to assist in all areas of conveyancing and property law services

  • We offer the following conveyancing and property law services:

    • Preparation of Section 32 Statement and Contract of Sale for the sale of property through to settlement;
    • Reviewing contracts before purchase through to settlement;
    • Retirement Village sale and purchase;
    • Off-the-Plan developments;
    • Property developments;
    • Property subdivision;
    • Owners Corporation advice;
    • GST advice arising from sale and purchase of property;
    • Loan and mortgage advice and preparation;
    • Adverse possession claims;
    • Stamp duty advice;
    • Commercial and Retail Lease advice and preparation; and
    • Lost title applications.

    Rae Abdul Rahim
    Gordon Jacobs
    Sally Bakowski

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Q. What do I need to do first if I need to sell my house?

    The Sale of Land Act requires a vendor of property in Victoria to provide a “Section 32 Statement” for the purchaser before a contract is signed for the sale of the property. If the Section 32 Statement contains false or misleading information, the purchaser may be entitled to end the contract. In such a case, the vendor will incur substantial costs and losses arising from the Contract ending. Talk to our property team at Aughtersons — we will be able to advise you in all aspects of your Section 32 Statement and we will assist you to prepare it correctly and expeditiously.

    Q. What happens if the property is damaged before settlement?

    In Victoria, the Contract of Sale will usually provide that a Vendor of property must deliver up the property to the Purchaser at settlement in the same condition it was in at the time of sale, except for fair wear and tear. Accordingly, if the property is damaged between the day of sale and settlement, the Vendor will usually be required to rectify the damage.

    Q. Can I cancel the insurance on my house now that it is sold?

    This will depend on whether the contract to sell your property provides for the property to remain at your risk until settlement or at an earlier date. If the contract provides for the property to remain at your risk until settlement, you maintain your insurance over the property until after settlement has been effected. Please discuss this with us before you cancel any insurance on the property.

    Q. Must a purchaser agree to a release to the vendor prior to settlement of the deposit paid?

    Section 27 of the Sale of Land Act and the Contract of Sale set out the requirements which must be complied with before the Vendor is entitled to the deposit being released before settlement. If the requirements are not satisfied, the deposit will be released only once settlement has been effected.

    If you are selling, we will prepare the Section 32 Statement and any other documents required for the sale, deal with your bank and any issues which may arise and act to effect settlement.

    If you are buying, we will advise on the Contract and your rights and obligations, obtain and advise on relevant property searches and conduct legal due diligence, deal with your lender and act to effect settlement.

    We will use our knowledge, resources and professionalism to minimise any stress and worry and to maximise the outcome for you.

    Our lawyers and conveyancers are ready to assist in all areas of conveyancing and and property law services.


close slider

Contact Us

Telephone: 03 9845 8200
Opening Hours: 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Monday - Friday)
After hour appointments available on request
Address: 267 Maroondah Highway
Ringwood VIC 3134